What is one-to-one tuition?
This tuition is given on an individual basis to adults who need to improve reading and writing skills. It is confidential and arranged at a time that suits the learner, in the morning, afternoon or evening. The class lasts between 1.5 –2 hours per week. One-to-one classes are available in Portlaoise, Portarlington, Abbeyleix, and Mountmellick.
One-to-one classes will help you with the following tasks:
– Reading books and newspapers
– Helping children with homework
– Writing cheques
– Writing a note to the teacher
– Improving handwriting
– Reading and writing letters
– Understanding and filling in forms
– Reading instructions
– Coping with reading and writing at work
– Basic computer skills
Many people have taken that first step, you can too. Listen to Tony Moloney’s story below.